iOS 10 Preview
As expected, Apple has unveiled the latest version of its mobile operating system, iOS 10 at WWDC. For everything from the iOS 10 release date to device compatibility and the key features, read on.
iOS 10.0 will support with the devices listed below:
Highlights of the iOS 10.0 release include: Redesigned lock screen, rich notifications and expanded 3D touch. It is the biggest release ever, as said by Tim Cook during the release.
Express yourself in beautiful ways
- Write it yourself. Handwritten thoughts can be shared with friends in an animated fashion with iOS 10.0. It will appear akin to INK floating on paper.
- It’s how you say it. You can now change the way your message bubbles look. Share it loudly or, whisper it! Choose your style!
- Invisible Link. Swipe to reveal is another excellent way of sharing photos/messages with your friends.
- Let’s celebrate. Say things like “Happy Birthday!” or “Congratulations!” with animations that take over the entire screen.
- Tapback. This is a new feature introduced with iOS 10.0. Just tap to send one of six quick responses that let people know what you’re thinking.
- Add a personal touch. Send fireballs, heartbeats, sketches, and more. You can draw them over videos or pictures
- Stickers. Slap them on top of bubbles, dress up a photo, or even put one sticker on the other. Available in the new App Store for iMessage.
- Tap to replace emoji. Swap out words with emoji – all with a simple touch. That’s something to fun about.
- Contextual Predictions. Typing is quicker and easier than ever. When you type something like “I’m available at,” the free time in your calendar pops up as an option.
- Multilingual typing. Forget days to switch keyboards to write message in more than one language. Now you can type in two languages at the same time without having to switch between keyboards.
Siri, smarter than ever, redefined itself
- Now open to apps. Siri opens its way to work with your favorite apps from the App Store, so you can ask it to book a ride through Uber, or pay to someone with Paytm with no extra efforts, just say “Hello Siri”.
- One of the most proactive features like remembering where you parked are nice, as is third-party app integration.
Maps, again not best but going so smartly
- Now taking reservations is more than easy ever; Book a table through apps like OpenTable, and ride withUber – all within Maps.
- Going Street Smarter. Maps can make proactive suggestions for where you’re likely to go and the fastest way to get there in amazingly.
- Search along your route to get there at your destination. See what’s around the corner and easily find the closest places of gas, food or coffee, shops. Maps even tells you how much extra time it will take to arrive.
- Home Smart Home. The new Home app lets you turn on lights, unlock doors, and even raise your window shades — all at once if you like.
- Live traffic on route, more location-aware features and third-party app integration are all very cool, but probably not enough to impress as Google Maps does.
- Easily access your favorite apps to create and share content, make payments, and more, without leaving messages.
Music going proficiently
- Much needed design make-over, as old design lacks professional touch. The new make-over comes with a simple, intuitive design, which makes it experiential to enjoy your favorite songs. You can also view the lyrics while you’re listening to them.
- Important Music setting automatically removes tracks you don’t listen to from your iPhone to save storage space. Ahha, more memory to store new songs. You can set this to a minimum music storage level between 4GB to 32GB of tracks.
- New Lock Screen, Raise to wake. Simply pick up your iPhone to wake it up. Your notifications will be there waiting for you.
- Touch and go. Use 3D Touch in apps like Calendar, Weather, and Stocks for a quick glance at the information you need.
Photos going smarter
- Been there. Found that. Search your photos by the people or things in them such as beach, a football game, or a puppy.
- Your past is beautifully presented. The Photos app can help you rediscover cherished memories — like a weekend hike or your baby’s first birthday — and even create beautiful movies out of them.
Security..? Privacy..? You will be on one of the most secured platform ever.
- Your Information is safe and secure. With iOS privacy always comes first. That’s why iOS 10 uses on-device intelligence to identify the people, objects and scenes in Photos, and power QuickType suggestions. When you do share sensitive data with Apple for services like Siri and Maps, it’s always encrypted, thus keeping your data safe.
- Your news never looked so good. Easily find the stories that matter to you most, in distinct sections of the beautifully redesigned News app.
- Apple Pay on the web. Shopping online is now faster, safer, and more private than ever. Browse then pay with the new Apple Pay features.
- Phone app updates. Extensions to help block spam and VoIP integration are appreciated but hardly groundbreaking.
- Design makeover for the clock
- Calendarwill now do more for you!It can offer time to leave and location suggestions and is much better at handling events found in email.
- Bye bye to annoying Game Center
To be fair, intelligence across iOS has been proven everywhere- from Photos faces and memory identification to the capacity for Maps to suggest meeting places and times to iMessage’s ability to replace anything you write with Emoji symbols, simply work brilliantly.
As Apple’s Public Beta user, I am eagerly waiting for public beta release to use on my iPhone 5s, probably scheduled to launch by Jul-2016. Other than this, iOS 10 final release most probably release with this year ‘s new iPhone 7 / iPhone 7 plus release scheduled by Oct-16. Until than I will be using iOS 10 beta release & will provide you user feedback on some more exciting features to use.