Impact of Mobilegeddon on Businesses
- If your business doesn’t have a mobile-friendly website, your mobile devices’ search rankings will slip. Your business might become “unfindable” for Smartphone’s users, thus directly affecting your mobile traffic.
- With more than 60% of the online traffic now coming from mobile devices, a drop in mobile traffic will significantly affect the sales of your business.
- Businesses that depend on people finding them through localized search results will be affected more. For example a tourist typing “Hotels on MG Road Bangalore” from his Smartphone’s will only find the hotels that have mobile optimized site. Thus many businesses will see a decrease in foot traffic due to this update.
- If the mobile users are not able to find your business through Google search, you will lose your business to competitors due a large customer-base now using their Smartphone’s to search for products and services.
- Many small businesses that depend on search engines for getting customers and cannot afford to have mobile optimized sites will be significantly affected.
- Businesses that have a separate mobile site that redirects users to a different domain will also see a drop in their rankings.
- A drop in rankings in Mobile Device Search Results will directly affect your business revenues as the mobile traffic will get diverted to the top ranking websites.
About Disha Kakkad
Disha Kakkad is working with Silver Touch Technologies Ltd. as a Research Assistant. She is Professional, Vibrant and Vivacious, is passionate about writing & reads extensively. She loves to research and writes on various topics related to technology. She is an MBA grad and aims to continue writing informative, captivating and engaging content for her readers.