Top 5 Travel Apps That Makes Your Holiday Convenient in India
Nowadays, by using your smartphone smartly, you can easily plan your holiday to unknown or unvisited places across India. There are as many travel apps out there, as there are tourists hitting the beach, hill stations and other must visit places. These apps guide you through your journey on the must-visit places, the must-have dishes, and other things special about your choice of destination. Choose one of these brilliant applications, and get started with your dream holiday. In this article, we discuss “Top 5 Travel Apps cum Guides” that will make your holiday planning in India hassle free.
Trip Planner: Travel App IndiaWith this mobile application installed, you can easily find information on the different cities located in India, which you are planning to visit. Discover new destinations in India and explore the best places near you. With the Trip Planner mobile app, you can easily find the best hotels, explore restaurants near your current location and figure out fun things to do while visiting the destination city. The “Trip Planner” mobile app is easy to use and offers the following features:
- India Travel Guide to 350+ Indian destinations with map
- Search Hotels, Things to do, Destinations, Tourist Attractions and Sightseeing by just selecting the destination city
- Explore Restaurants by food type and popularity
- Get quick and easy accessibility to comprehensive information on destinations, Activities, Hotels based on traveller reviews, restaurants, flight, bus, train routes all with prices
- Unified user experience and visually appealing user interface
Foursquare – Best City GuideFoursquare is the ultimate city guide in your pocket! You can search for the best places to eat, drink, shop and visit across the different cities in India. You can also see what’s nearby so that you can plan your trip well. The app searches are tailored to match your tastes; it suggests places you might like, and picks up destinations from your friends’ list. Features of “Foursquare – Best City Guide” Mobile Application:
- Find attractions located near your current location
- Search for the best restaurants, coffee, nightlife and shops
- Tell Foursquare your favorite things and the app gets to know you better
- Read short reviews, and never miss out on the best thing to order or experience
- Save places you want to go, so you never forget
Plan Trip: Travel Guides IndiaPlan Trip is the travel app that helps plan trips within India. It provides easy to search content, and works akin to a travel guide. By using the App to plan trips, you can plan your own travel journey by getting an idea of the best things to do across the different tourist places in India. By using the application you can find Travel Guides for over 800 Places in India and find best options of places to visit, activities, etc. Features of “Plan Trip: Travel Guide India” Mobile App:
- Discover best places to visit in India; Grab a list of lesser known and offbeat places, of which you haven’t heard before
- Browse through the city map of a destination to gain an idea about the various things to do there
- Also find out various utilities like ATMs, Hospitals, Police Stations, Railway Stations, Airports, Bus Stops etc. all in one map.
- Find great places for adventure activities and sports – trekking spots, skiing destinations, rafting, mountain biking, paragliding, road trips and mountaineering.
- Get suggestions on the top restaurants, with food type, price and timings.
India Travel Guide by TriposoThe India Travel Guide by Triposo offers to help you plan your travel in India. It is available for free, and works offline too (in case of unavailability of internet connection). The application provides handy maps that are always useful in finding your way when you are visiting some unknown city across the India. Once you have installed the application, you have access to country guides covering most of the part of India. Major features of “Tripoto: Trip & Travel Planner” mobile app:
- Browse through thousands of personal travel itineraries photos, travel map, trip budget to get an idea. You should also read user reviews about the places they visited
- A country map highlighting all the cities and national parks
- “How to reach” feature allows you to find out the fastest and most convenient way to reach your dream destination
- Book hotels and browse through Hotel reviews from multiple hotel partners
- Get a quick access to Sightseeing, Eat & Drink, Nightlife, Hotels, Tours, Shopping Places and Activities
- Mini guides for less important destinations & Hindi, Tamil as well as Telugu Phrasebooks.
City Guides: All in One Personal Mobile GuideBy considering the user expectation and with an aim to provide information to citizens and visitors of India, Semaphore Software came up with “City Guide: All in One Personal Mobile Guide” application. The separate applications are currently available for 20 different cities across India in three platforms: iOS, Android and Windows Phone. Features of “City Guides: All in one Personal Mobile Guide” mobile app:
- Weather: Get precise weather information at any point of time
- City Map: Know where to go and which route to pick. Also displays available public transport route map such as Metro, Local Trains
- Must Visit: Get full details of the destination. You will get details on must-visit places with this app
- Hotels: Get complete information of best hotels that are listed along with full contact details about a hotel, its ratings, photographs, estimated tariff etc.
- Emergency: Get emergency helpline numbers for Transport, Medical, Crime, Tourist Enquiry, Railways, Bus Services, Disaster Management Control Centres and Bomb Disposal Squads.
- Night Life / Restaurants: Get a list of restaurants and places famous for its night life
- AutoGas: Help users find the nearest CNG & LPG gas stations of the City; Also get direction to that gas station location on Map
- Translator: The translator makes traveling in the city easy as it translates any language into English.