SAP HANA – Completely Re-Imagined Platform
SAP HANA is an object oriented in-memory, column oriented and relational database management system designed and developed by SAP AG. HANA stands for “High Performance Analytic Appliance”. SAP HANA stores data in memory instead of disc. SAP HANA is completely transparent database by combining database, data processing, and application platform capabilities in a single in-memory platform. SAP HANA allows high data transmission and complex query processing on the single platform. SAP HANA offers comprehensive Analytics solutions in real-time.
- High Volume of data growing and challenge for real time to enterprise.
- High cost to maintain hardware to handle increasing big amount of data.
- Consume more time for analysis and processing result.
- No Real time data.
- Quick access to real time operational data.
- Improve business processes.
- Need to react faster for business impacting events.
SAP HANA: Overcome IT and Business Challenges
In-Memory Platform – SAP HANA is an In-Memory Database
- Combination of hardware and software to Process voluminous data using in-memory computing
- Row and column based relational database technology
- Data resides in main memory instead of hard disc
- Best for developing and deploying real time applications and analytics
- Quick retrieval of high volumes of data
- In-memory platform to process complex operations and deal huge transactional data in real time
High PerformancePerformance will be comparatively very high as it runs on multi-core processor and ten times faster than current database
Multi-EngineHANA is a Multi – Engine platform that allows all types of data graphical as well as text in SAP.
Database SystemHANA is database has the facility to connect to the multiple interfaces and can be installed in RAM
Purpose of SAP HANA
- To load data in terabytes to main memory and to analyze in-memory data in real time
- To perform speedy transactions and fast analysis
- The platform also provides libraries for predictive, planning, text processing, spatial, and business analytics — all on the same architecture.
Components of SAP HANA
- SAP HANA In memory database.
- Multiple Engines inside data computing engine for high performance.
- A massively parallel processing data store that contains row-, column-, and object-based storage techniques.
- SAP HANA Studio.
- SAP Data Services.
- SAP Landscape Transformation.