SAP HANA – Completely Re-Imagined Platform
- High Volume of data growing and challenge for real time to enterprise.
- High cost to maintain hardware to handle increasing big amount of data.
- Consume more time for analysis and processing result.
- No Real time data.
- Quick access to real time operational data.
- Improve business processes.
- Need to react faster for business impacting events.
SAP HANA: Overcome IT and Business Challenges
In-Memory Platform – SAP HANA is an In-Memory Database
- Combination of hardware and software to Process voluminous data using in-memory computing
- Row and column based relational database technology
- Data resides in main memory instead of hard disc
- Best for developing and deploying real time applications and analytics
- Quick retrieval of high volumes of data
- In-memory platform to process complex operations and deal huge transactional data in real time
High PerformancePerformance will be comparatively very high as it runs on multi-core processor and ten times faster than current database
Multi-EngineHANA is a Multi – Engine platform that allows all types of data graphical as well as text in SAP.
Database SystemHANA is database has the facility to connect to the multiple interfaces and can be installed in RAM
Purpose of SAP HANA
- To load data in terabytes to main memory and to analyze in-memory data in real time
- To perform speedy transactions and fast analysis
- The platform also provides libraries for predictive, planning, text processing, spatial, and business analytics — all on the same architecture.
Components of SAP HANA
- SAP HANA In memory database.
- Multiple Engines inside data computing engine for high performance.
- A massively parallel processing data store that contains row-, column-, and object-based storage techniques.
- SAP HANA Studio.
- SAP Data Services.
- SAP Landscape Transformation.
SAP HANA ArchitectureData can be moved to SAP HANA using SAP Landscape Transformation (SLT) replication technology in real time. It is also possible to transfer data from SAP warehouse or any other database into SAP HANA. To build business logic and structure data modeling tool called SAP HANA studio is used.
How does HANA works?SAP HANA is designed to clone and ingest structured as well as unstructured data from SAP and non-SAP relational databases, applications, and other systems quickly. One of three styles of data replication – log-based, ETL-based or trigger-based – is used according to the source system and desired use-case. The replicated data is kept in RAM instead of loading to disk, the typical form of application data storage. Because the data is stored in-memory, it can be accessed in near real-time by analytic and transactional applications that reside on top of HANA.
How SAP HANA is Different?
High SpeedManage Huge Volumes of data at high speed.
Processing EngineSAP HANA’s In-Memory Processing Engine, includes the relational, text and calculation engines and provides unprecedented big data speed and power.
AdministrationSAP HANA has built-in functionality to monitor the health of the system and provides network security, the key tasks of an administrator
Dynamic Data TieringDynamic data tiering optimizes the balance between data processing and data storage. Data described as frequently used is stored in memory. This dramatically reduces the cost of permanent storage and the time and effort for data movement.
Lower CostEnabling a dual OLTP-OLAP architecture decrease the data footprint, this reduces on storage cost. Rejecting the need for data extraction and transfer from OLTP to OLAP saves resources and time.
FlexibilitySAP HANA is a big data analytics platform for multiple structured as well as unstructured data types.
Data Compatibility and OpennessSAP HANA is open for any application whether they are from SAP or not. It supports multiple programming languages and integrates with 3rd party tools. It is data agnostic with support for spatial, structured, unstructured, document data and sparse data. It is open for any technology, cloud, hardware and software
ConclusionSAP HANA is an ideal for in-memory data platform that is deployable on-premise as an appliance, in the cloud, or as a hybrid of the two. SAP HANA is the platform for performing advanced, real-time analytics while parallel handling real-time transaction workloads. SAP HANA is the only platform to converge database and application logic within the in-memory engine to transform transactions, analytics, text analysis, and spatial processing.SAP HANA can be used anywhere there are large volume of data. Semaphore Software has expertise in providing world-class SAP HANA services, helping you fully utilize its in-memory computing technology. Our end-to-end SAP HANA services span from configuration to post-deployment support. Please call us on + 1 201 299 3668 or contact us through e-mail at email@example.com for your SAP HANA needs!!
About Vidhi Mehta
Vidhi works as a Business Analyst at Semaphore Software. She has done analysis on various web Applications and web portals in different technologies such as ASP.NET, Magento, joomla, CodeIgnitor, CMS, Moodle LMS, Azure, Umbraco, SharePoint, Online Office 365 & CRM. She is Msc in Information technology & Computer Application. You can find her on Facebook, Google+ & Linked In.