Drupal’s Services Module makes Integration of External Applications Easier
- Services module is helpful to Flash/Flex developers, wanting to integrate their Drupal site with their Flash applications.
- It allows other Drupal modules to consume Drupal content and integrate with external applications.
- Services module allows mobile developers to integrate Drupal with an Android or iPhone application.
- It makes your Drupal site and server act as a web service to provide services through the REST and SOAP protocols.
- The module also provides authentication mechanisms, allowing for integration with your Drupal user base and permissions.
- The module enables migrating data created in other languages into Drupal site.
- The Services module allows developers to enable custom-built content servers and services on the Drupal website from the module’s back-end configuration and administration area.
- It integrates with core Drupal including Drupal files, nodes, taxonomy, users, and the Views and system Modules
- Services module make it possible to fetch content from your Drupal website and display it on another Drupal site, either on the same local server or from an external location.
- The key benefit of this module is that it allows web service integration with multiple applications while using the standard Drupal module code and programming.
- Services module helps in reducing the time spent in developing your own web service modules, as it offers a standard interface for numerous common web service applications environments.
- It provides a testing environment, allowing easy management of API keys.
About Disha Kakkad
Disha Kakkad is working with Silver Touch Technologies Ltd. as a Research Assistant. She is Professional, Vibrant and Vivacious, is passionate about writing & reads extensively. She loves to research and writes on various topics related to technology. She is an MBA grad and aims to continue writing informative, captivating and engaging content for her readers.