Microsoft ASP.NET- The Benefits & Features
Introduction of ASP.NET:
ASP.NET stands for Active Server Pages .NET and is developed by Microsoft. ASP.NET is used to create web pages and web applications and is an integral part of Microsoft’s .NET framework vision. As a member of the .NET framework, ASP.NET is a very valuable tool for programmers and developers as it allows to build dynamic, rich web sites and web applications for various stakeholders.
The first version (version 1.0) of the .NET framework was released in January 2002. It is the successor to ASP technology of Microsoft. ASP.NET is part of the .NET Framework, and when coding ASP.NET applications you have access to classes in the .NET Framework. You can code your applications in any language compatible with the Common Language Runtime (CLR), including Microsoft Visual Basic, C#, J#, etc.
What’s New in ASP.NET 4.5:
Following is the list of features that are added in the newly released ASP.NET 4.5 version,
- Bundling and Minification Feature
- Strongly Typed Data Controls
- Model Binding – Isolating the Web Form from the Model
- Value Providers
- Support for OpenID in OAuth Logins
- Support for improved paging in ASP.NET 4.5 GridView control
- Enhanced support for asynchronous programming
- Support for web sockets
- Support for HTML5 form types
- ASP.NET Web API
Advantages of ASP.NET:
- Rich Controls
- Rapid Development
- More Scalable: Scalable over a period of time
- More Maintainable
- More Reliable
- Supports Cross Platform
- Better Performance & Speed
- Common Language Runtime Engine
- Language Independence
- Simplified Deployment
- Better Security
- Better Portability
- Easy Data Binding
- Model View Controller (MVC) architecture – separation of business logic from user interface design
Disadvantages of ASP.NET:
- License cost
- Limited control over HTML
- Large data in the view state
- Permeable abstraction
- Limited support for testing
- Complicated page life cycle
In short ASP.NET, the next generation version of Microsoft’s ASP, is a programming framework used to generate enterprise-class sites, web applications, and technologies. ASP.NET developed applications are available on a worldwide basis leading to efficient knowledge management. Whether you are building a small business web-site or a huge corporate web application distributed across multiple networks, ASP.NET will provide you all the features you could possibly require.
Semaphore Software is leading ASP .NET Web Development Company in India. We have developed approx. 500+ website / web portal / web application on ASP.NET / VB.NET for our various Govt. / Off-shore / Domestic clients.
Feel free to Contact Us for any ASP .NET requirement.