Windows Phone 8 Application Development
Windows 8 release was the main stay during the closing months of 2012. Windows 8 is a version of the Microsoft Windows operating system; a common platform for use on personal computers, laptops, tablets, and home theater PCs. Microsoft had very high hopes in the release of its ambitious and long cherished Windows 8 Operating System but the developer community welcomed Windows 8 release with a mixed reaction; not heavily but quite handsomely in October 2012. The OS used in Smartphone's is known as Windows Phone 8 and its application development has started catching up with more than 10k applications on the Windows Phone 8 store. Though the figure of apps compared to Apple and Google Stores is quite low, with time we will know how Windows Phone 8 has fared.
Windows Phone 8 app development is not an easy hop, skip, and jump from earlier versions of windows Smartphone development. The structure and design are totally separate from the earlier versions of the platform but yet Windows Phone 8 development in India is picking up rapidly.
What's New in Windows Phone 8
- 1Windows Phone 8 is focused towards improving the user experience especially for Smartphone’s and tablets. Windows Phone 8 has introduced a new touch-friendly shell for improved multi-touch functionality. Windows Phone 8 uses a user interface "Metro UI" which has a grid of tiles that dynamically update.
- 2Windows Phone 8 comes with a ready library of Design Templates, Icons and detailed design guidelines. Windows Phone 8 supports Proximity communication API for Near Field Communication (NFC).
- 3Windows Phone 8 comes with a New and Improved Maps API (Bing Map APi is deprecated).
- 4Windows Phone 8 uses a new Windows Phone Runtime-based API to fetch the users current location.
- 5Windows Phone 8 comes with Speech API, so user can interact with a pplications using Voice.
- 6Windows Phone 8 comes with Wallet where users can collect Coupons, Memberships, Loyalty cards, Credit Cards etc. and also manage their payment instruments.
- 7Windows Phone 8 supports multiple resolutions viz. WVGA (480*800), WXGA (768*1280) and 720p (720*1280).
Offshore Windows Phone 8 App Development at Semaphore:
- 100+ Microsoft Platform Developers
- Offshore development team for cost efficiency & quality development.
- 30 days UAT support
- Source code stored in SVN repository.
- Non-disclosure agreement
- Experienced User interface designers to design Smartphone and Tablet Apps using Metro UI
Windows Phone 8 applications
- ERP & CRM based applications
- Communication applications
- Gaming Applications
- Multimedia Application
- Transaction Applications using NFC.
- Tools and Productivity Applications
- Education Application
- Travel & Nevigation Applications
- Utility Applications
How Semaphore can help you?
- Consultative approach
- Proven development process
- Convert idea to reality
- Workflow and Wire framing
- Prototype development